Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-3 week inspection & PSU temp comparison
I had something open up today so I'm going for it!

First off for those that might be a little reluctant/intimidated by going internal on the Expert line I kept times on my iPhone stopwatch to show there's really nothing to this.
Listed in minutes/seconds and not Hours/minutes/seconds. Using hand tools and not power-drivers. Done purposefully & carefully, not rushed in any way!
Removing belly pan: 01:42.44
Digital Board Removal: 00:12.07
PSU Cover: 01:07

Total time to get PSU cover out: 3 minutes and 2 seconds!

Pic shows PSU with the single high-end thermal pad that I used for initial reassembly and for the past couple weeks. Next pic I'll closely mimic what Devialet used quantity-wise but with the dramatically more efficient German pad as in the below picture. I don't have photo merging software but you should be able to compare the original PSU Thermal pad which I'll add to this thread at the end.

Beyond that the plan is to simply reinstall PSU turn stuff on and stream 24/7 until test end. Measure internal/external temps after an initial 3-5 hours and again several times tomorrow. If this runs cooler I'm done. But if as I suspect will happen the PSU runs any hotter I'll go back to the setup in this picture. I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of an 7-10% increase. Existing temp to beat is 31C which is my normal Power Supply temperature internally via GUI sensor. Over the past 2 weeks aggregate temps are 29/29/31 A/D/S based on 25.5C ambient at -26 to -32dB with DPM off after 3-5 hours continuous running.

Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2-3 week inspection & PSU temp comparison - by Manoet - 15-Oct-2015, 18:11