Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which network to choose when doing Phantom set up?
J-2004 -

Hi. You may be one of the few people that may read the couple of posts that I placed - and think it helps! I am new to Phantoms and a beginner Audiophile. But my background was in computers. It took me a month before I finally read the Devialet White Papers and listened to the advice I received from some great Devialet support staff such as Sebastien. In my post/s - you will find the answer to your question. My first couple of weeks - I reset my Phantoms and Setup too often - I literally spent more time placing my hands on my Phantoms then listening to them. The solution was to purchase a $100 Airport Express Router and follow the directions. Now from my iPhone 6s or Macbook Pro - I switch my WiFi from the standard SSID (WiFi Network) in my home to the private network that I setup for my Phantoms - BOOM! It works like a dream - Spark is instant - no more resets, no more configuration issues. My daughter and I have a large home - thus my network is very expansive - long story - but if you only need one router, you may want to switch it to a $100 Apple Airport - but even if you keep your router - my post should help a little. It was the result of 30 days of asking questions and trying new stuff. Good luck and enjoy!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which network to choose when doing Phantom set up? - by AdamInHiltonHead - 15-Nov-2015, 06:38