Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which network to choose when doing Phantom set up?
(15-Nov-2015, 12:09)streamy Wrote: Hi Jamington2004,
With my setup of 3 phantoms and dialog I found out that it is important that both ethernet and wifi have to be handled by the same router for stable function. For this reason I have moved the wireless and the ethernet connection (to dialog and in my case to a Mac-mini for handling my local files with Spark) to the second router.
I recommend you to try the use of the wireless of your second router, the one you use for the Phantom system. Disable the wifi of your main router and setup the wifi on your second router the same (SSID and pw, etc) you can still use the dhcp from your main router. In my case this works perfectly with no interrupts 100% reliable for more than 10h of music listening. I suspect that the dialog when connected to a different router than the wireless system on which devices are running Spark for control and serving music gets too long delays to work reliable. All posters here that describe a successfully running system (wireless or wired) describe a star configuration (phantoms, dialog, devices running Spark all connected to one node and not over two nodes). This also makes sense as it minimizes delays.

i have only one router for my whole house and all the devices so also the same router for Spark and dialog. This a netgear Nighthawk R7000.

So i come from the cable company to a Cisco modem. On my request by the cable company had set this Cisco modem inactiv for WIFI

So:
Cablecompany to cisco modem (set inactive for WIFI) -> ethernet cable-> netgear Nighthawk -> ethernet cable -> Dialog-> wireless to the phantoms
And Thats all for streaming with qobuz and wireless from my MacBook pro all by using only Spark 

From the TV i go with optical to the left phantom. for TV, Films and radio.

All my devices, 3x iPhone 2x iPad and the macbookpro all using Spark are wifi connected to the netgear Nighthawk. 

How simple can i be.

I have also the devialet remote control.

I have no interruptus etc. And the best sound i ever had in my home

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which network to choose when doing Phantom set up? - by Johnnydev - 15-Nov-2015, 13:43