Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need a Dialog? Wifi connection issues
(21-Dec-2015, 16:42)nigelb001 Wrote:
(21-Dec-2015, 16:01)paulito_r23 Wrote: Thanks. After reading through some threads, installing the latest update and separating the 2.4 and 5hz SSIDs and allocating the Phantom to the 2.4hz channel did the trick.

Good to hear you're up and running. Smile Mine just worked from day 1, I guess I'm lucky.

Hi
Good for the hard work..

But my advice would be to wire the phantom to the router.. if it is closed to the router.. it will be more stable to run a cable straight to the phantom from the router..

If you want to stick with wifi.. then my second advice will be to get the phantom connected to the 5ghz wifi instead... the 2.4ghz is too crowded and you may observe some issues in future.. the 5GHz frequency will be more stable...

My four silver phantoms are wired to my router and I have enjoyed a more robust and stable connection since...despite having a dual frequencies network at home.

Good Luck
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do I need a Dialog? Wifi connection issues - by angenet - 21-Dec-2015, 16:52