Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Phantom, December 2015 (new owner questions)
Thank you all for the insightful replies to my thread. I am keeping all of this in mind when I see my local dealer tomorrow for a demo.

Interestingly, I stumbled upon a promotion on the Devialet site that mentions two Phantoms and Dialog nets you a free optical turntable:

http://en.devialet.com/phantom-turntable#best-en-us

I thought that would be brilliant and tried to place an order on the site. But it seems the site is broken. Not only does it not recognize the offer when I add them to my cart (my assumption that they may be out of them), I am not able to proceed to place an order for a Phantom Silver Duo configuration and provide payment. It's an endless loop back to the shopping cart. I have sent a message to Devialet inquiring about this.

Perhaps it'll be easier to purchase locally anyway sans the turntable (bummer) just in case I have any issues during ownership.

Some additional questions please:

- Does bluetooth work directly with a Phantom Duo/Dialog setup? Just confirming if there is a playback alternative in case I encounter any Spark related issues.

- Has anyone experience with the Remote? I am assuming it is always paired with the Phantoms, even if they get unplugged? Or does the remote have to be re-paired after they boot up? I see the process is easy, but would be nice to know if they remained paired.

- Does the Remote have an LCD display? I read Devialet "may" add additional functions for music transport. I'm guessing that would show as soft buttons in the middle? I have yet to find detailed real-world photos/videos of the Remote in use.

- Once the Phantoms/Duo are paired, do they need re-pairing if I move the system to a different location? Will they work if not connected to the internet? Reason for these questions is perhaps I may use the system for a party at a friend's house. Just wondering how easy/difficult that would be when setup somewhere aside from home. I read that they may depend on AC wiring on the same circuit for communication to each other...not sure if internet access is necessary for playback though...was hoping an airport express with it's own Wifi network would be sufficient to stream optical to them, or even bluetooth instead.

- Any word on the carry case for the Phantoms? Color/Pricing?

- Although the Branch stands look lovely, I'd like to use different stands. Can someone please confirm the circumference of the Phantom base?

- Phantoms can be used with standard IEC power cables if need be? I was thinking to use IEC power cords with built-in inline switches to make powering them off more convenient.

Thanks alot! Shy

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of Phantom, December 2015 (new owner questions) - by kameraguy - 27-Dec-2015, 23:44