Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A speaker the Devialet cannot drive...
It's true and known that the Devialets struggle with very low (sub 2 ohm) impedance drops. At least I've known this from early on from the early D-Premier reviews. Things have improved over time thanks to Devialet tuning it's PSU firmware and the introduction of the 110/170/240 range (now 120/200/250) but I guess even they can't circumvent the laws of physics in such a small box with a 600W SMPS PSU. Smile

The Sanders must be an exception though and a real torture test apparently, other ESL's do behave properly. I've been following Devialet for years and have never read a report like yours before.

I think the problem lies with the Sanders not Devialet, they'll probably need the old-skool 2kW into 2Ohm, 100kg mono blocks as big as refrigerators, generating enough heat to heat a small home. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: A speaker the Devialet cannot drive... - by Antoine - 08-Jan-2016, 17:12