Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A speaker the Devialet cannot drive...
(08-Jan-2016, 17:20)WSLam Wrote: I dug up an old email from Sanders, and they told me that at 20kHz, the Model 10c drops to about 1ohm. I guess that really is a torture test for the Devialet. Somewhat disappointed as I would love to have the transparency of the Devialet driving a pair of Model 10c.

That is indeed terribly low. I found the early review I was talking about of an early D-Premier model. It's here: http://www.stereophile.com/content/devia...asurements

Particularly the measurements section of this review is interesting for you, although (again) things did improve later on.

Also Devialet up to today specifies, for all models incl. the top of the line 800/900 models: "Compatible with all speakers, from 2Ω to 16Ω".
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: A speaker the Devialet cannot drive... - by Antoine - 08-Jan-2016, 17:36