Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audirvana Plus settings with AIR
(08-Sep-2014, 09:40)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys I'm creating a new thread to address Audirvana Plus settings with AIR.

Judging from a number of posts on different threads asking about Audirvana settings it appears that there is some confusion as to which low level playback options actually work in conjunction with AIR.

In my Audirvana setup I am selecting Direct Mode. When I have tried selecting other options (Exclusive access mode and Integer mode) I haven't been able to get A+ to work.

Also... there have been questions re iTunes integration too. At the moment I am dragging and dropping FLAC folders from my desktop onto the Audirvana playlist window.

In addition in the AIR app itself I am having to manually adjust the bit rate/sampling rate otherwise either the music doesn't play at all or I get a visit from the chipmunks. Tongue

If all A+ users could share their settings and experience (and theories!) this would be much appreciated. Smile

Guillaume

An excellent idea Guillaume! I've spent a lot of time trawling the internet trying to find definitive information on this and there doesn't seem to be any... My guess is that A+ was developed to work with USB, AES/EBU and S/PDIF with little if any thought given to UPnP and probably none at all given to compatibility with AIR. We can also only guess at what AIR does in combination with A+.

My suggestion would be that the answers/questions should be pooled and then a single direct approach made to Devialet and Audirvana to get their comments. Then we wont have to guess any more Wink

It would great if people could include details of the operating system that they're using as well. I use:

AIR 2.1.2
iMac OSX 10.6.8
Audirvana Plus 1.5.12

The only "low level playback option" that I can select is 'Use max I/O buffer size'. If I select anything else I don't get any sound. I find that its safer to re-start the computer after changing parameters to make sure the changes take effect. I don't know if this is necessary for all parameters/combinations of parameters as it's a pain to check but I did notice that I could select 'Direct Mode' and the music would continue but after restart there was no sound and I had to de-select it for the playback system to work again.

I have the AIR buffer set to 2000 ms and 24-bit 96khz set as the default for wi-fi AIR. Bit rate/sampling changes seem to work automatically for me (using Devialet control panel to check).

I'm just using an A+ trial license at them moment with only two days to go. Given that I can't get the major features to work with AIR and I don't like the drag and drop approach to playlist creation I will probably let the license lapse. I'm sure A+ is a great product if you use a direct computer interface but via AIR I don't think its worth the effort.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by PhilP - 08-Sep-2014, 10:12
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by GTX - 17-Sep-2014, 17:08
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by GTX - 04-Oct-2014, 14:18