Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audirvana Plus settings with AIR
(08-Sep-2014, 16:53)Eddye Wrote:
(08-Sep-2014, 16:35)PhilP Wrote:
(08-Sep-2014, 11:17)Eddye Wrote: I've posted my findings here a while back:
http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Which-str...800#pid800
Quote:checked the boxes "Exclusive access mode" and "Use Max I/O buffer size" and unchecked "Direct mode" and "Integer Mode". Checking either of the last two resulted in no playback.

As far as I know, Audirvana was made to work with a DAC, since AIR isn't a DAC but a virtual sound card, those settings can't be used.

I use OS/X Mavericks.
Audirvana 1.5.12
AIR 2.12
And sometimes I create a RAMdisk, and directly work from memory, no iTunes integration.

Looking forward to A+2 though it cost a small fee to upgrade.

Hi Eddye,

did you ever compare the sound of A+/AIR directly against iTunes/AIR? I just wondered whether you think A+ sounds better or you don't like iTunes (like many other people) .

Thanks,

Philip

I like iTunes because of the library functionality, which A+2 should solve Wink
When comparing A+ with iTunes or just A+, I prefer just A+, it's a bit more 'airy' and a bit better defined. Especially when you create a RAMdisk and copy the files to the RAMdisk and create a A+ playlist from that.

OK, thanks! I read somewhere that one of the reasons that A+ sounds better than iTunes is that it uses fewer processes and thus generates less processor 'noise'. When running with AIR that may be the only advantage it has? I assume that its possible to create a RAMdisk and then point iTunes to it - is that the case?

From what I've read A+2 is certainly an interesting prospect but my guess is that the code will take some time to settle down so I'll probably wait until 2.1 before trying it Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by PhilP - 08-Sep-2014, 17:19
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by GTX - 17-Sep-2014, 17:08
RE: Audirvana Plus settings with AIR - by GTX - 04-Oct-2014, 14:18