Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to improve my system
Hi mate,

Congratulations with your D120 and welcome to the forum. My experience has always been that listening chair, speaker placement and the room make a bigger difference to the sound than the type of streamer, cables and the like will have. I've used Jim Smith's 'Get Better Sound' book for my set up and never looked back. It's the best money you can spend on your system but you need to put the effort in and that can take ages. But when you do, you'll find the reward is great.

Woman has had very positive results with using room treatment well worth reading.
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2087

Good luck and happy listening.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
How to improve my system - by hesavary - 13-Jan-2016, 23:09
RE: How to improve my system - by Hifi_swlon - 13-Jan-2016, 23:36
RE: How to improve my system - by DelaneyB - 14-Jan-2016, 21:21
RE: How to improve my system - by Pim - 15-Jan-2016, 08:47
RE: How to improve my system - by hesavary - 19-Jan-2016, 17:45
RE: How to improve my system - by DelaneyB - 19-Jan-2016, 18:09