Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions
(28-Jan-2016, 00:07)baddog Wrote: Merde indeed!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I had about a week of bliss with my AIR setup, but then it all went to "merde"

And so I am back to Mac Mini and USB or Aries Mini and USB.

Indeed.  Very unfortunate to hear of your troubles.  Merde to the max.  Borderline fraudulent on the part of Devialet to advertise a function which doesn't actually function.  I said as much in my recent email to Devialet support requesting Roonready integration.  

I, too, have had issues recently.  My setup was working seamlessly for all sampling rates below 96 kHz.  However, that changed over the past 48 hours with no changes made at all to my setup.  I now endure regular dropouts and Devialet Air disconnects if I try to play ANY high resolution files >44 kHz.  

I was about to pull the trigger on a NUC prior to reading these two most recent posts.  A little bit less sure about proceeding given these recent developments which serve to highlight the inherent instability of the AIR platform.  As far as the French -- they have never and likely will never be able to code anything worth a damn (among many other shortcomings).
QNAP TS-453 > ROON on Intel NUC 5i5RYK running Win10 > AIR ethernet to D200 via router > Focal Sopra No 2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - by El_Duderino - 28-Jan-2016, 07:03