Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T/F? All analog inputs > ADC?
Pim,
Thanks very much!

(15-Feb-2016, 02:48)Pim van Vliet Wrote: ...True, all inputs are digitized and go through a DSP in most cases...

Unfortunately, "all" and "in most cases" are mutually exclusive.  All is 100%, and "most" = some ratio <100%.  If you could edit or clarify, I'd be very thankful.   

Quote:Don't read too much into the comparison with the Quad amplifiers. If you were comparing cars, the comparison would be something like, they both have 4 wheels, an engine that runs on petrol and some wind screen wipers.

Quad's current dumping architecture is unique.  Prior to Devialet, only two known OEM employed it, Quad and Linn.  Till someone specifically says otherwise, based on my earlier quotes, I suspect Devialet's circuit is similar, with the major difference being a digital current dumping stage replaces the analog stage of Quad and Linn (Linn employed IC's but they are analog, not digital).

If above is correct, it seems appropriate to give credit where it's due, and in this case, that would be Peter Walker of Quad, another feather among many in Peter's cap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: T/F? All analog inputs > ADC? - by Pim - 15-Feb-2016, 02:48
RE: T/F? All analog inputs > ADC? - by Joseph Jones - 15-Feb-2016, 03:34
RE: T/F? All analog inputs > ADC? - by Pim - 15-Feb-2016, 03:59
RE: T/F? All analog inputs > ADC? - by ogs - 15-Feb-2016, 07:52