Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet D200 2D soundstage (FIXED)
(20-Feb-2016, 16:10)Stephen_V Wrote: DO NOT POWER the Devialet off or let it go into sleep mode.  I was recommended that I leave it on as it can take 8 hours to stabilize in temperature and can sound not as good if you play it before it has stabilized.  The difference is night and day.  The presentation is still more forward than the other gear I had but it is undeniably 3 dimensional. Love it now!  Heart

Nice   Smile

One of the things I dislike about Jim Smith when he writes about what to do is that he doesn't always explain why. In his book Get Better Sound, he talks about having digital equipment on at least 24 hours before auditioning (try to talk a dealer into that one) But he doesn't explain why. I go away for work a bit and almost every time enjoy my second night of listening more than the first. It's hard to tell whether it is because things actually sound better (I think so) or that my ears take a day to get used to the difference between my UE boom at the rig and my Dev at home.

I leave my Mac on for days, whit the odd restart, just to clear the memory, and keep the Dev on standby at least. When the missus isn't home, it's on 24/7 playing at low volume.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet D200 2D soundstage - by Stephen_V - 20-Feb-2016, 16:10
RE: Devialet D200 2D soundstage - by Pim - 22-Feb-2016, 11:13