Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo question
(22-Feb-2016, 23:03)seb Wrote: I started with one as well and I was very pleased. However, when I heard the Stereo setup at a dealer there was no discussion that I need a Stereo setup. It makes a huge (!) difference and it is a significant upgrade. In my personal opinion it is absolutely worth the money. I also had a very nice Stereo System with Sonus Faber and Tag McLaren as well as a 5.1 Setup with Piega Speakers. As I wanted to "simplify" my life and regain some space in our living room I got rid of both and ordered my second Phantom and a Dialog. I never regretted it.

This is one of the areas where we go from lifestyle product to real hi-fi. What I found is that I got a great sound from a single unit when I put it towards a corner in a room as it then produced enough reflections to fill the room. BUt all of these reflections would not be desirable in a stereo set-up. So when I went to stereo, I repositioned again and got a massive improvement aside from the stereo image. Devialet have clearly been conflicted all along how and who to sell these things too. And as a pair, for many, it is an expensive proposition so if they can appeal to people with the idea of a single unit, then they have the potential to shift more boxes.

Messages In This Thread
Stereo question - by Silvertouran - 22-Feb-2016, 21:55
RE: Stereo question - by seb - 22-Feb-2016, 22:40
RE: Stereo question - by Silvertouran - 22-Feb-2016, 22:48
RE: Stereo question - by seb - 22-Feb-2016, 23:03
RE: Stereo question - by jonstatt - 23-Feb-2016, 10:02
RE: Stereo question - by Silvertouran - 23-Feb-2016, 21:09