Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought a d 200 - a few more questions
(25-Feb-2016, 08:02)Duomike Wrote: Just wondering what the best way to hook up is. I have a modded mac mini running audirvana. Music is on a external hd. The mini does not have any internet connection and is not hooked up to any wifi network. Currently using an audiophilleo converter with pure power. My options are going straight with usb to the d 200 or using the ap for usb conversion and then connect to the rca digital input. Has anyone had any experience and compared the usb conversion of the ap against that of the d200?

Understand the devialet is using a digital volume control. I'm concerned that i will loose resolution at low volumes especially since it will be driving very efficient avantgarde omega duos. Will it help to restrict the power output to 30 watts so that d 200 will use less digital attentuation? Maybe someone hear hooked the devialet to very efficient horns and has some experience? Worst case i will put in some power resistors into my duos to reduce efficiency.

Welcome to the community.

As for your fears on digital attenuation, they are not justified. Devialet is using 40 bits floating point, meaning that what ever the attenuation you have you always have the full 24 bits of resolution.

And you are not the only one using very high efficiency speakers.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just bought a d 200 - a few more questions - by Jean-Marie - 25-Feb-2016, 09:08