Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Hi-Fi Show
An excellent write up stonedragon! I actually tried to get in the Devilaet room a couple of times but the area was so crowded I didn't bother. So I would have to conclude that with the level of interest they really could have done with a bigger room.

I'm also reminded of going to the show a couple of years ago. KEF were demonstrating the Blades with a very expensive Moon front end. It didn't sound anywhere near as good as my own Blades at home with the Devialet. In a similar way, I heard the KEF reference 3's with a Devialet 800 at a Dealer event last year. This sounded way better than anything KEF managed at Bristol this year. Is it the big crowded room, the Moon electronics, a bit of both, it's hard to say. Shows are good fun, and you can get some ideas and see what kit's around, but for evaluating kit, shows can be a bit rubbish. All I can say is that if something sounds good at a show, it's probably very good indeed! But for decent evaluation of anything, you really do need a decent helpful dealer.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Bristol Hi-Fi Show - by stonedragon - 28-Feb-2016, 18:45
RE: Bristol Hi-Fi Show - by Confused - 28-Feb-2016, 19:35
RE: Bristol Hi-Fi Show - by bearcatsandor - 29-Feb-2016, 00:52
RE: Bristol Hi-Fi Show - by Syver - 29-Feb-2016, 05:09
RE: Bristol Hi-Fi Show - by GSARider - 04-Mar-2016, 23:00
RE: Bristol Hi-Fi Show - by trashken - 07-Mar-2016, 04:59