Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roonready device with AES output?
(14-Apr-2016, 19:58)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Apr-2016, 19:03)Dr Tone Wrote: Anything outside the Auralic Aries?

Totaldac d1, not Roon certified yet though.

Guillaume

Any idea how certification's coming on Guillaume? Would love to hear how it sounds as a Roon endpoint.

I saw some generic comments on the Roon forums that some brands were struggling with certification, most often due to the device code needing to be adjusted to allow access to features that Roon requires etc, the ease of which depended on their original code so not always simple. The implication was a few brands had come across some 'gotchas' during the process. But interestingly, the smaller companies seem to have become certified first - whether that's just due to fewer coders involved, or individuals that make the code and the hardware and run the business so can make the changes quicker, I've no idea. Maybe their hardware is simpler? Bryston appeared 'nearly' ready ages ago, but then I read lately they are still 'a way off'.

I think its good to have solid QA - especially having experienced the AIR fiasco - but hopefully they're not making it too difficult. Would be great to have some more endpoints out there. I think a lot of people are in the same position as Dr Tone, and many have an allergic reaction to the mention of USB so totalDAC would probably do well to get it out there…

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Roonready device with AES output? - by Dr Tone - 14-Apr-2016, 19:03
RE: Roonready device with AES output? - by Hifi_swlon - 15-Apr-2016, 12:27
Roonready device with AES output? - by hk6230 - 15-Apr-2016, 02:18
Roonready device with AES output? - by hk6230 - 15-Apr-2016, 15:44
RE: Roonready device with AES output? - by ogs - 15-Apr-2016, 21:25