Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roonready device with AES output?
(15-Apr-2016, 22:30)Dr Tone Wrote: I'm pretty sure something changed in 1.2 and or the Roon qualification requirements got a little more strict.  I know Bryston pulled theirs back and are now saying months to deliver the production firmware.

I'm not sure about that one. It just seems like some brands can do things more quickly - maybe some have neater, better written, and well documented code compared to others, or maybe the more established brands have code base built up and patched over years by different people so bringing in something new probably isn't quite so smooth Wink

Bryston apparently let an uncertified beta out that had clearly audible issues. I guess that didn't go down too well....

RoonReady was only launched in Jan, and Auraluc had theirs out really quickly afterwards. I guess it also depends how much resource they put into it. Bryston we know are also launching the new Pi streamer so that's probably taking priority.

I do wish Roon would document all the hardware better - what's undergoing certification, what's tested etc. But maybe they're locked into NDAs. It would probably be pretty embarrassing if someone couldn't get it working and had to pull out - especially if people bought the hardware expecting to use it with Roon.

If you don't want AES there's a small range now. I think it will be well under a year before there are more, and Munich is close.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Roonready device with AES output? - by Dr Tone - 14-Apr-2016, 19:03
Roonready device with AES output? - by hk6230 - 15-Apr-2016, 02:18
Roonready device with AES output? - by hk6230 - 15-Apr-2016, 15:44
RE: Roonready device with AES output? - by ogs - 15-Apr-2016, 21:25
RE: Roonready device with AES output? - by Hifi_swlon - 15-Apr-2016, 23:30