Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco N1Z vs Aurender N10 vs CAD CAT
Reading this makes me slightly annoyed that I listed to the W20 vs CAD CAT rather than N10 CAD CAT! However, I note these words from the review:

'After speaking with my Aurender dealer who had both units on hand and had good personal experience with each, his opinion was that unless you can take advantage of the dual AES/EBU output and external clock option of the W20, the N10 and W20 are sonically equivalent and so we mutually decided he would send me his N10 evaluation unit which was fortunately already well broken in.'

So if this is more or less true, then my conclusions from W20 vs CAD CAT should be more or less the same as N10 vs CAD CAT. One thing I recall from my last audition was that I preferred the bass from both the CAD CAT & the W20 to the Melco, the review above states 'The bass on the CAT is fuller, tighter and better defined.' (vs N10) I would say the W20 and CAD CAT sounded almost identical with respect to bass performance, but ultimately this must surely be very much down to system matching. Anyway, I normally end up reaching different conclusions to reviews, and I have an N10 audition planed for later in May......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Melco N1Z vs Aurender N10 vs CAD CAT - by Confused - 05-May-2016, 16:37