Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQA will be available on Bluesound products as of 1 June
I recently purchased a Mytek Brooklyn DAC for my office rig. Mytek added MQA support with a firmware upgrade last month. I have a couple of classical albums from 2L.no that I've been listening to a lot (the Mozart Violin Concertos at this very moment). I mostly use it as a headphone amp driving Fostex TH-900 Mk2s.

I have to say the MQA recordings are pretty breathtaking. Very natural sounding, lots of detail, an airy soundstage with tight spatial resolution, and no digital graininess. Violins actually sound like violins—which they never did with redbook. There's some wonderful math going on here.

Given how well high-res reproduces on my D800 (esp DSD64), I feel that MQA would be a great fit for Devialet. The detail, quickness and power of the ADH amp is a perfect match for the capabilities of MQA. (For that matter, it would sound great on the Phantom).

I've got my fingers crossed. Given that DSD64 came out of nowhere, who knows what they've got up their sleeve.

muski

Messages In This Thread
RE: MQA will be available on Bluesound products as of 1 June - by muski - 21-May-2016, 07:44