Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Computer Audio system:Phantom/Dialog setup question
(23-May-2016, 16:11)DSD Wrote: All the usual hifi good to do things still apply; mount the phantoms on good stands (I use branches), acoustically isolate/decouple the dialog, good clean filtered mains, good quality Ethernet cables (I use bluejeans). I really would like to use the USB on the dialog to send flac's and dsd streams over DoP via jriver but I cannot get an answer out of Devialet whether this will ever be enabled...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the DAC is build into each phantom you have a lot of leeway. Dialog communicates with the phantom at something like a million times a second so you can be sure if there is any missing packets it will get resend. 

Make sure your ethernet cables are shielded but that too isn't necessary for home environment though it will give you better signal electrically speaking. Having digital signal all the way up to inside the phantom pretty much makes this a HiFi system in a box.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Computer Audio system:Phantom/Dialog setup question - by littlekid440 - 23-May-2016, 16:59