Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Computer Audio system:Phantom/Dialog setup question
(23-May-2016, 17:00)Johnnydev Wrote:
(23-May-2016, 16:11)DSD Wrote: All the usual hifi good to do things still apply; mount the phantoms on good stands (I use branches), acoustically isolate/decouple the dialog, good clean filtered mains, good quality Ethernet cables (I use bluejeans). I really would like to use the USB on the dialog to send flac's and dsd streams over DoP via jriver but I cannot get an answer out of Devialet whether this will ever be enabled...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't use filtered mains, this give in a lot of situations problems

Thanks for the tips DSD,

I've got an old pair of Linn Sara speaker stands with spikes which I'd planned to use if I don't go for branches. They're approx. 24 inches in height and spiked for a rigid coupling through the carpet into my concrete slab basement floor. I won't use the upper spikes to couple the Phantoms to the stand however as it sounds like they've got a defined point of contact with a rubber base built in by Devialet if I recall correctly. 

I'll probably sit about 9 feet away from the Phantoms with 8 feet of separation between them and probably a foot or two between them and the wall behind them with enough toe-in so the front drivers fire directly at me for a starting point in positioning unless you guys have a better suggestion.  

Mains quality shouldn't be a problem with four dedicated 20A AC lines available now in strategic locations around the room as my hifi moved over the years as equipment and furnishings changed. All hospital grade outlets, fasteners perfectly tight from outlets to breaker and the lines installed on the best sounding (least noisy) phase in my breaker box. 

regards,

Dave

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Computer Audio system:Phantom/Dialog setup question - by blackdogaudio - 24-May-2016, 02:21