Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Gold Delay (& strategic thoughts on the company overall)
(19-Jul-2016, 12:02)booshtukka Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 10:43)dmitrek Wrote: I think it is production issues. No one wants to be put in position, when you have to recall sold speakers, it would devastate the PR. In the same moment, investors, current customers and dealers are pushing for the new models of hardware and software.

In that case, as dkoretz said, just don't announce them until you are more confident with your production issues!

All of the other offerings are always late, or unavailable. The Branches, the Geckos, that new pretty tabletop stand… Stop showing people things they can't have, and then disappointing them when you fail to deliver on your promises! If this was once, I would understand, but it seems to be every single product. Learn from your mistakes, Devialet!

People only have so much goodwill, and they seem to be going out of their way to sap it all away for no reason.

Totally agree. 

Re: investors, dealers, and customers:   I've had venture capitalists and investors driving me to produce a return on their money for my entire adult life (serial entrepreneur).  Unless their investors and dealers are fools... this is NOT the way to actually do that. 

-Goodwill is hard to create and easy to destroy. Over-promising customers is the best way to destroy goodwill.

-Revenue growth comes when you actually sell stuff. It's tough to do that when you are marketing products that customers can't actually buy.

-Profit comes easiest when you sell products to *repeat* customers. The best way to do that is to have your existing customers love you, because you've bear hugged them, LISTENED to them, and made them feel like they were part of the product.

IMO, this is bad executive management, plain and simple.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet Gold Delay (& strategic thoughts on the company overall) - by dkoretz - 19-Jul-2016, 14:06