Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet white noise/static with Mac mini
(23-Oct-2014, 11:57)canyelles Wrote:
(23-Oct-2014, 09:38)Eddye Wrote:
(22-Oct-2014, 12:54)canyelles Wrote: The Yosemite public beta was available on 24th July.

So the question is, do you think 3 months is enough notice?

Personally, I do.
I contacted Devialet about AIR not working with Yosemite days after the first public beta was made available. And even before the public beta there were several developer beta versions available. I should think Devialet has access to the Apple Developers program. That's somewhat more than 3 month's time to adapt or rewrite AIR.

Quite. Devialet have to think of themselves as a software company as well as one that manufactures hifi. If they are not in the developer program they should be.

I had friends over last night and was listening for several hours with Devialet Air and Ethernet. A common thread is that issues occur at higher resolution files with both. If I am playing a CD quality file there is no issue. I am going to disconnect the server from the basement and put it on the floor underneath the Devialet and connect via USB an see if all issues resolve as I anticipate they will as I had no issues when connected via the MIND with the AES cable. I love the sound quality of the Devialet but I am very disappointed at this price that they are not delivering what has been promised nor are they responding to any of us!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet white noise/static with Mac mini - by drdkey - 25-Oct-2014, 13:12