Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonos Connect -> Room Correction (?) -> Phantom Golds
What springs to mind is the variable latency (not sure if this is called a variable constant or a constant variable) of between 80ms and 120ms Devialet seem to have been quoted here in support questions re Phantoms. Not sure what changes the latency - is it random or input sample rate etc? Anyway, my guess is this may have an effect and possibly scupper your plans as something like Dirac measures latency and accounts for it. If it's not constant (or should I say consistent) with your source material, then it might be pretty tricky to use it.

I don't have Phsntoms and have never used Antimode, this is purely guesswork - although I have used Dirac. You only need the cheaper version for 2ch. Rodney Gold uses the smaller miniDSP boxes I believe so I think you can bypass Dirac and use REW if you want a cheaper starting point for experiments.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonos Connect -> Room Correction (?) -> Phantom Golds - by Hifi_swlon - 03-Sep-2016, 21:22