Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom disconnects from the network
(14-Oct-2016, 14:48)ondastar Wrote: ... when you look at the device settings in Spark, what are the Phantoms connected to before and during the streaming interruption? I have 5 silvers set-up as dual L/R and center mix, and if there is streaming interruption it is usually when one or more of the phantoms is on 2.4GHZ wifi, and the others on 5GHZ or ethernet, which puts the issue in the control software/firmware of the Dialog. The mixed signaling in my case only occurs after a grid power glitch. However this may not be the only vulnerability case.

I have filed this failure mode scenario with Devialet, and they are looking into regression testing failure recovery modes for the Dialog.

Your streaming tests indicate that your network integrity and throughput is solid. However, are all your Phantoms connected to the same switch?, or distributed over the three?

Hello
Thanks for your message..
In my settings all the devices are marked as "Ethernet" which is normal as all my devices are wired to several switches...

The Phantoms and dialog are wired to three separate switches... one downstairs 
One, upstairs and one in the dining room...
After reducing the number of switches.. I have done a factory reset and restarted the setup rom scratch...
Things look ok so far and I have been streaming from Qobuz for the last two hours with no interruptions...fingers crossed...
Will do a full and extensive test tomorrow before having a beer...
Will update you...
Thx for your inputs 

Cheers
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom disconnects from the network - by angenet - 14-Oct-2016, 22:52
Phantom disconnects from the network - by DSD - 14-Oct-2016, 18:58