Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two iPods - are they really necessary?
(18-Nov-2014, 17:02)PhilP Wrote:
(18-Nov-2014, 16:41)brit Wrote: No, A very sensible person! I use an old iPhone 3 to control volume using the Devialet App, and an iPad mini to control my music, using either iPengHD, or Squeeze pad (sometimes mpad), depending how the mood takes me!

David

Oh good, I'm not alone. I had heard that iOS was going to be enhanced so that mutiple apps would be visible at the same time but clearly that hasn't happened.

By the way, we're beginning to build up a decent Wilson Benesch presence on the forum - wwm has C60s, Tatomek has C60 LEs and IanG-UK has a Torus.

I do get hooked by technology and the Wilson Benesch stuff is terrific and what's more it is made in Yorkshire!

(18-Nov-2014, 21:47)banjanas Wrote:
(18-Nov-2014, 18:26)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(18-Nov-2014, 15:49)PhilP Wrote: I find it a pain to switch between the Devialet and Naim apps on my iPod plus the Naim app sometimes crashes or loses its UPnP connection when I frequently open and close it.

My solution is now to use two iPods, one for changing volume and the other for selecting and playing music. This combination works really well and the iPod is of course much lighter then the Devialet remote.

I must be very old fashioned; I simply love the tactile feel of the Devialet remote! Takes me back to the days of using my Quad 77 integrated amp with its big brick-like remote and analog dial! Cool

Guillaume

Then I must be super old-fashioned! I have a Quad 77 with the bus-powered CD77 that I use every day. The remote is a bit frayed but fully functional. I'm saving up for a Devialet 200 though, do you think it will be an upgrade? Smile

What a pity that the UK Quad disappeared. Their 77 series was ground breaking but they simply ran out of money (having never charged enough for their earlier stuff) so the magnificent 77 remote never really became fully functional as Quad made 3,500 or less of each of the 77 pre, power, tuner and CD. Let's hope the Devialet business model is better.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two iPods - are they really necessary? - by IanG-UK - 19-Nov-2014, 17:17