Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimal sample rate and bit depths for Devialet Expert
Further feedback:

HQ Player to upscale 44.1/16 CD quality source to 192/24 PCM or DSD64. Not much difference to my ears, and I probably wouldn't spend the money on this. Perhaps DSD64 was slightly smoother sounding, but I wouldn't bother upscaling 44.1/16 content. Better to see if you can get a copy of the album mastered at a higher bit rate in DSD most probable... as said by Jean-Marie earlier in this post, you can't make new information beyond what you already have. I do have some SACD files, so I might try those for comparison later.

Connection method seems to have a high impact - TOSlink sounded very poor, USB (I have a high end cable) and Ethernet via Devialet Air both sounded great.

Room Correction - quite a large difference, with stereo separation and removal of muddied bass when implemented. So this is worth bothering with! I used a demo copy of Audiolense with a UMIK-1, set the filter to 100Hz to 2,000Hz flat. Worked pretty well, if I went lower than 100Hz then I seemed to end up with less bass (?)...

Anyhow, I think this draws this topic to a close - it seems as though my next step is to wait with everyone else to see if the new Devialet OS includes room correction! Otherwise I'll look to get a streamer with some form of room correction (e..g Auralic will have this in the future). I'm after built-in room correction, as I ideally don't want faffing around with computers getting in the way of the music - also needs to be easy to use for the family.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optimal sample rate and bit depths for Devialet Expert - by stretchneck - 22-Sep-2017, 15:49