Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver or Gold for House/Electronic?
(28-Nov-2017, 22:08)streamy Wrote:
(28-Nov-2017, 13:43)Hissbull Wrote: Hi, 

I'm hoping that someone who have tried both Silvers and Golds can please help me to decide if the Golds are better, when listening to mostly House and Electronic music?

Some say that the Bass in the Silvers are "better"...

Thanks!  Rolleyes

Same as for Jean-Claude for me the Golds are better than the Silvers independent of the music genres. However, I can only speak for Silvers that were produced in 2015. I have owner Silvers from the first batch (now being golded) and from the first batch that included bluetooth (autumn 2015). Knowing that the latest Silver Phantoms have ADH2 this should improve their sound quality quite dramatically towards the one of the Golds. I guess that the hights with the titan tweeters in the Golds might be better than the aluminium ones of the Silvers. But in the analysis I would also include the possibility to be able to buy 3 Silvers compared to 2 Golds at almost the same prize. So when the intension is to fill a roon with high quality sound 3 Silvers will do a better job than 2 Golds for a party setup. I‘m using 2 Golds and one Silver in a triangle in my living room. This is a great setup for a dance floor!

My thought is if you are going to value, the current 'elevate/white' is the best value and if you don't want Gold, then go for four Whites and you should have a much better distribution of audio if you area is large.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Silver or Gold for House/Electronic? - by MountainGuy - 28-Nov-2017, 23:29