Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz & Sublime Pro ?
(06-Dec-2017, 18:51)martin_a Wrote: @streamy Thanks you for your answer !

What I understand is that there is 3 ways to stream Hi Res audio from a Qobuz Hi Res Album :

- No subscription : purchase the Hi Res album and send it Opticaly to the phantom
- Sublime subscription : stream the Hi Res purchased album with Spark
- Sublime+ subscription : stream all the Hi Res albums of Qobuz with Spark

Am I right ? If I am it means that I need an optical input to my phantoms to test my purchased Hi Res album to see the difference with the CD quality from Tidal.

Do you recommend any device to send an optical stream to my phantom from my Mac because there is no optical out from my iMac ?

Maybe I was not clear enough in my previous post.
When you have Spark installed on a PC or a Mac you can setup in Spark, which folders you want to add for streaming. These can be local folders on the computer running Spark or a network drive e.g. on a Nas. Those files can be compressed, lores uncompresed or hires files. So you can stream from Spark all purchases from Qobuz as long as you store them on a folder you indicate in Spark as local folder.
When you want to stream a hires file directly from Qobuz within Spark (you can search and play directly from Qobuz) then you need to have the hires file purchased or subscribe to the sublime+. The optical input of the Phantoms can be used to connect any streamer, e.g. a Raspberry PI with and optical output, e.g. the hifiberry digi+ board, which e.g. can run as Roon endpoint (RAAT). It supports any stream (optical) up to 24/192kHz. The optical input of the Dialog is limited at least in my case (latest firmware and latest Dialog) to 24/96kHz. I was mentioning the optical input way to stream from Qobuz only to indicate that this is tge only way to be sure through measurements on that optical signal what is the streaming format and resolution of Qobuz. The Qobuz implementation in Spark does not indicate you which streaming resolution is currently playing. So you cannot see if it streamy mp3, flac CD format or flac hires. Qobuz offers all of them. You can select you streaming format in the preferences, but when you select hires, but only have a Hifi Qobuz subscription you will get CD format (16/44.1kHz) and not hires. I hope this clarifies my previous post.

Messages In This Thread
Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by martin_a - 05-Dec-2017, 16:45
Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by steve_denney - 05-Dec-2017, 20:07
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by streamy - 05-Dec-2017, 22:38
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by martin_a - 06-Dec-2017, 18:51
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by streamy - 06-Dec-2017, 19:18
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by midi - 07-Dec-2017, 00:38
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by streamy - 07-Dec-2017, 17:25
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by midi - 07-Dec-2017, 21:03
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by streamy - 08-Dec-2017, 12:25
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by streamy - 08-Dec-2017, 14:53
RE: Qobuz & Sublime Pro ? - by midi - 09-Dec-2017, 17:38