Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Devialet? Countdown on website
(09-Oct-2018, 12:47)Pim Wrote:
(09-Oct-2018, 11:57)alaw Wrote:
(09-Oct-2018, 10:34)esom Wrote: I had lots of disappointment with Devialet thinking that the Expert line is not on the top of the list anymore and we will be seeing more emphasis on Phantom line in the future. This has proven that I was right. I was right as well that all recently  offered expert upgrades not even included support of DSD 128 and DSD 256 playback. I am happy that few weeks back i have purchased a new Auralic VEGA G2 DAC and stopped dreaming about Devialet's future on expert line. (note I'm NOT working for Auralic or any other Audio Hi-Fi company)

Cheers!

esom
One should always buy something for what it does now, not what it's promised to do (perhaps) sometime in the future. Companies often get distracted for one reason or another, and move on before delivering on their promises. Honestly, Auralic is guilty of this as well.

Roon RAAT, that's all I want form Devialet... it's long promised. Hopefully now that they've introduced their "Reactor", they can get back to working on Expert Pro software enhancements. I'm still hopeful for something before Christmas.

I'm not even sure they ever promised DSD rates higher than 64.

If the PCM support is limited to 192kHz, they can’t go beyond DSD64. Like most of the other DACs Devialet’s DAC doesn’t have native DSD capabilities. It uses DoP (DSD over PCM) and carrying a DSD64 package to DAC via PCM needs the size of 176.4kHz sample rate data of PCMf format. In theory, a PCM DAC that limited to 192kHz sample rate in PCM playback can’t play anything further then DSD64 format with DoP technology.

Messages In This Thread
RE: News from Devialet? Countdown on website - by frozeus - 09-Oct-2018, 09:36