Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Reactor - how good is it?
I realised after posting that they are closed on Sunday. We went to the Palais Garnier tonight and they had a shop there and it was open till 8 when the ballet started, and my wife would not have appreciated me sitting through a show and a very nice dinner afterwards (Drouant) with a loudspeaker in a box. Anyway I had to carry her back to the hotel and had my hands full.

Anyway, I was told it has all the same tech inside, ADH etc, and it is very small, smaller than my old Sonos Play, and it really creates a great sound. It would raise a smile from the most hardened audiophile.

I don't think I would use it in a stereo pair. The guy at Reaumur said it's ideal as a bedroom or office unit, anywhere in the house, and it can make enough noise for a party at home. My kids, 18 and 21, would love it and I can see that as a target audience. It is an ideal PA unit for an office, store, etc. The key is that it goes loud without distortion.

I just checked and it is not for sale for a month, but Garnier is open tomorrow and I may pop in for another demo.

At Reaumur I asked about the Expert app and they told me there is a universal app in the pipeline, and plenty of other Expert developments coming., It has not been forgotten.

I have no idea how they can make something as good as Reactor and sell it for 990 Euro. I would expect it to be very successful.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Reactor - how good is it? - by ssfas - 13-Oct-2018, 17:54
RE: Phantom Reactor - how good is it? - by ssfas - 13-Oct-2018, 23:31
Phantom Reactor - how good is it? - by Waiski - 14-Oct-2018, 13:06