Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(19-Jul-2019, 09:15)alaw Wrote: You should always buy something for what it does today, not what's promised, and failing to deliver on promised features is not a problem unique to Devialet. I'm happy that I don't have any issues, because this stuff is too expensive to be happy with it.

Everything they tell you about what it does today is a promise, a promise that you'll get what they're saying it does. The guarantee it comes with is a promise that it will work as specified for so many years and that they will repair it if it fails during that period.

If there were no promises involved with those things they could give you a product which didn't deliver the performance it was specified to deliver, couldn't perform the functions that they say it can perform, could fail to work for the promised period, and laugh in your face when you took it back and said it doesn't do what you said it would do. Would you really buy a product that came without any promises at all? Be serious now.

A c company has just as much obligation to deliver on promises that it's saying it will deliver to you in the future as it has to deliver on the promises it's saying are being delivered on the item you're getting in your hands when you pay your money. If they're promising something in the future as part of what you're getting for your money then delivering on that promise forms part of the contract of sale you enter into when you pay your money.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread