Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dean's Stereo Phantom Reactor 900 Rig
Beautiful setup! Mine is similar, however im using 2 Phantom Premiers connected to a 2014 Mac Mini. Im also running Audirvana and love the setup so far! I bought a second iPad that I use as a dedicated Audirvana Remote (Guided Access enabled) and thats working fantastic as well (in addition to the beautiful but castrated Devialet remote).

Are you running the Phantoms via uPnP or optical cable? I like being able to control the volume from the Audirvana Remote when using them via uPnP so I dont rely on the Devialet remote. At the same time however, I love the responsiveness when plugging them into the Mac via optical cable, everything regarding to playback is instant (pause, play, scrubbing inside the track). However in optical mode I rely on my Devialet Remote which can sometimes get annoying if its not nearby as I dont like using the Devialet app for volume control (I have turned off software volume control inside Audirvana as to not have 2 different volume adjustment inputs).

Lots of questions, just interested in your opinion as youre using a setup similar to mine!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dean's Stereo Phantom Reactor 900 Rig - by cudifying - 29-Jan-2020, 13:46