Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
(07-Apr-2020, 06:12)petrik Wrote:
(06-Apr-2020, 19:45)maxijazz Wrote:
(06-Apr-2020, 02:36)whatmore Wrote: The ASR review has DPM turned on
That is quite possible.

I can't remember where, but i have twice read about Devialet's poor measurements in past, due to SAM being on as found later on. And the measurements were done by well-known reviewers. I've ignored any measurements presented in "audio media" since then.

Yep. For example Stereophile and Stereoplay both have published not so optimal measurement results of the Devialet Expert.

I would really like to see some measurements that would prove that Devialet's official figures like signal-to-noise ratio 130dB and distortion 0,0005% are really true. Or are these numbers just marketing? I hope that's not the case.

If your ears can't tell you, does it really matter? Many people buy valve amps, knowing fully well that they give a somewhat distorted euphonic sound. But they buy them because they like that sound. The 'marketing' never was part of my buying decision.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by Pim - 07-Apr-2020, 10:56