Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
(07-Apr-2020, 18:53)sam1000 Wrote: I feel bad for a guy who loaned ASR the amp without even listening to it. That should be a lesson for other folks to send any equipment for testing purpose. Even if the product is under warranty, some warranties provide coverage only if you maintain or use the product as directed. Sending the product for 3rd party testing is not using the product as directed.
At this time ASR should actually reimburse the guy for his losses. If you are building your reputation as an independent tester, you should have at least some skin in the game. I think publishing measurement is great, but then just leave it at that and do not provide any ratings or biased commentary. If people go there for measurements, they certainly know how to read them.
I really hope we all including Devialet ignore ASR. Devialet has nothing to gain from responding. On the other hand, if they publish the measurement here, they would be listening to their customers :-)

If you read his comments on the ASR thread, you'll see that the guy who loaned the amp is perfectly happy. He doesn't seem to want ASR to reimburse him for anything. So there's really no need to feel bad for him or imply that he feels hard done by

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by whatmore - 08-Apr-2020, 02:13