Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Science Review of Expert 200.
(09-Apr-2020, 01:00)whatmore Wrote:
(08-Apr-2020, 22:58)Pim Wrote: Isn't it clear though that the Experts deliver great powerful bass and clear highs? That requires power. So somehow it's being delivered. Just because it can't be measured (Anyone want to discuss routers?  Big Grin) doesn't mean it's not delivered. 

Mate, that's just magical thinking. Devialet haven't discovered a new way of "somehow" delivering power in an way that can't be measured.
In any event they quote normal (non-magical) power specs that don't seem to be achieved when normal (non-magical) measurements are applied. This seems to be misleading.

(08-Apr-2020, 22:58)Pim Wrote: What I'm trying to convey here is that there's more than one way to skin a cat. Devialet is unique in the way it does that. You own an amp that is so far ahead of the competition that ten years after it came on the market, nobody has even tried to do what Devialet has done. That alone should make you a proud owner. Does a measurement from someone who doesn't understand how the amp works really weigh that much on your decision?

Measurements are standard. Devialet quote standard measurement and distortion specs. If they said "we have come up with a new way of measuring and producing power with low distortion" then that would probably be ok.

So in a nutshell, what weighs on my decision is that the company seems to be fudging numbers.
Why does this dishonesty not weigh on your decision ? Why are you ok with that?
I’m ok with it because when I first heard a D240 driving Vivid Audio G3’s it sounded like it was in total control of the speakers. No measurement will undo that. Let’s say Devialet has found a way to make the drivers move with only 5 Watt but they think it’s easier to sell by telling us they’re driving them with 200 Watt instead. They still sound like 200 Watt amps but use a lot less power. What have I lost due to this lie? Power consumption. I’m perfectly fine with that. I’m more pissed off with my washing powder: it was advertised to work with cold water but to get my clothes clean I need to turn the washing machine to 60 degrees. Now THAT’s a lie I can live without.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 16:30
RE: Au - by kerkhoffd - 30-Mar-2020, 16:38
RE: Au - by ragwo - 30-Mar-2020, 17:10
RE: Audio Science Review of Expert 200. - by Pim - 09-Apr-2020, 01:29