Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Pro optimal power output?
At some point (several years ago - in D-Premier time) Marja&Henk of 6moons discovered that the amp sounded better on their highly efficient horn speakers when power in configurator was set at a low level. I tried this and found that that my D-Premier did sound better (smoother, more resolved) at reduced power. The setting changed (reduced) the voltage to the power stage and also the gain of the amp. I used this for some years. In newer versions of the amp I could not detect any improvement when lowering the power so I kept it at full level. I usually played at -15dB (which is actually -25dB. My room correction convolution took away around 10dB).
If you regularly play at -40dB you may try to reduce power so that you end up at around -10-15dB for the same SPL. The volume control is digital after all and too much attenuation in the digital domain reduces resolution. On the other hand, gobs of power will give you almost limitless dynamics so keep this in mind when experimenting.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
Dual Pro optimal power output? - by bernardl - 13-May-2020, 23:31
RE: Dual Pro optimal power output? - by ogs - 14-May-2020, 08:05
RE: Dual Pro optimal power output? - by thumb5 - 14-May-2020, 16:14