Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Gold Phantom to an amp and/or sub
(04-Sep-2020, 15:38)JDtheJD Wrote: My apologies, but what I am unsure what your intended end state is.  Are you looking to use the phantoms as a sound source to stream music/sound?  I have never thought to try this but suspect it would not work, at least not directly, because optical ports are typically either “in or out” and not “in and out.”  Regardless, you have piqued my curiosity.

I am, yes. But since phantoms do not have a subwoofer, i cannot really pop them at max volume due to the fact that I have neighbours. I was thinking of connecting an amp to my pc/laptop (or any other device) and then connect the phantom and a subwoofer to the amp. Theoretically they should work, since the amplifier is sending the sound to the phantom/subwoofer. I can also adjust the delay inside the Devialet app so the phantom and the subwoofer are synced. 

Basically I want to run phantoms at medium volume but also have the bass from the subwoofer. I don't want to buy an amp/sub without knowing that this setup would literally work. 

Thank you for the response! Big Grin
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting Gold Phantom to an amp and/or sub - by bogdan.filipovici - 04-Sep-2020, 18:03