Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to all Etherregen users
Thank you for your reply. The switch is indeed 10/100, so all ports should be 100 Mbps.

If it is a Network issue (e.g. an IP address conflict somewhere or sometyhing like that), I will quickly reach the limits of my ability to troubleshoot or fix it.

- Internet enters my house through copper coax from my local cable provider (Ziggo in the Netherlands), giving me 500 Mb down / 50 Mb up
- from the Ziggo modem, a cat6 LAN cable runs to the living room, to the base station of an Amplifi Mesh system.
- from the Amplifi Base, I have a cat6 to a Gigabit switch (16-port). 
- The switch connects to all devices (NUC, NAS, TV, Receiver, media player, ...)
- The GB switch also connects to a 5-port 10/100 switch, which in turn connects to the Devialet

So, without being a networking expert, can see how IP conflicts might arise, sonce none of these switches etc. are managed and DHCP is running everywhere.

However, when I do a network scan, it shows that tha Amplifi Mesh base station manages all IP addresses from the 192.168.183.x subnet.

So I am back to square one as to why my Roon connection to my Devialet via ethernet drops without warning or reason and takes a bunch of randomized steps to get it going again...

Messages In This Thread
Question to all Etherregen users - by pvanosta - 05-Sep-2020, 09:00
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by pvanosta - 05-Sep-2020, 10:19
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by Pim - 06-Sep-2020, 03:55
RE: Question to all Etherregen users - by anan - 23-Sep-2020, 11:31