Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
(27-May-2014, 20:56)Bill Wrote: My personal route has been via Acourate using the convolution engine in jriver. I can stream this via AIR to the Devialet or via my USB / spdif connector, the latter being my preferred route as it sounds a fraction smoother and more real.

When I added the acourate filter (64bit filter in jriver) the soundstage dropped back significantly and the imaging just snapped into focus. I played around with the target curves and realised that I like quite a steep slope shelving down in the treble.

Anyway - would never go back now and see it a must for any system. There are no drawbacks other than I can't yet do this for vinyl - this is what disappointed me most about the latest announcements from devialet - i.e. Not supporting full correction.

If anyone wants room pics and/or target crurves and stuff - let me know. Not sure how I add them to the forum though so will need a lesson on that.

Hi Bill and All,
I love the idea of this forum, a place to really swap experiences without (I hope!) "Disbelievers" droning on. I too use acourate in the JRiver 19 convolution engine, and I echo your statements about soundstage and imaging. I intend putting my collection on my NAS using AcourateNAS to alter the tracks so I don't need to use the PC. I 'm trialling various iterations of EQ, pre-ringing, measurement window etc., to find one I can apply to a large library.
My room is small - 15 feet by 12 by 9.5 and is full of my better half's stuff, so bass trapping, extensive diffusion, and placement flexibility are off the agenda. I made inquiries of Dirac, but found that I would have to buy a multi license installation because my main PC is in another room and can't be moved - I run an ethernet cable and USB cable to the listening room - so I needed to install it on a laptop as well but only for measurements. There was no such problem with acourate because the measurement software is free.
I cannot listen to music without room correction, and I would love it if Devialet allowed a convolution plugin - I don't even know if that's possible - so I could listen to LPs.
Cheers
Graeme
Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Riddo - 30-May-2014, 03:48
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27