Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
Hi all,

For those that have followed the WAM thread, you will no doubt be aware that I am a strong proponent of room treatment and room correction.

My personal route has been via Acourate using the convolution engine in jriver. I can stream this via AIR to the Devialet or via my USB / spdif connector, the latter being my preferred route as it sounds a fraction smoother and more real.

My room is an awkward shape as it is somewhat rhomboid. My left first reflection point is nearer to me as the wall is a diagonal. I have a bay window and double doors into the garden. All this means citing my Focal Maestros 17 feet apart. I sit back about 14 feet. This configuration is the only acceptable config for the room. Prior to correction, the room was a bit boomy, a fraction bright with a poor soundstage. The passive correction improved things a lot particularly in tightening up the bass issues.

When I added the acourate filter (64bit filter in jriver) the soundstage dropped back significantly and the imaging just snapped into focus. I played around with the target curves and realised that I like quite a steep slope shelving down in the treble.

Anyway - would never go back now and see it a must for any system. There are no drawbacks other than I can't yet do this for vinyl - this is what disappointed me most about the latest announcements from devialet - i.e. Not supporting full correction.

If anyone wants room pics and/or target crurves and stuff - let me know. Not sure how I add them to the forum though so will need a lesson on that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Bill - 27-May-2014, 20:56
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27