Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
I have a few miniDSP units , the Acourate (openDRC) , 4x10 and on Friday my Dirac unit arrived.
I have tried Acourate and open DRC on my D-premier and G1's and now want to biamp them and try DIRAC only on the bass section (I couldnt limit Acourate for the minidsp to do bass only , it does the whole spectrum.)
Initially , today , I intend to use Dirac full range and compare the results to Acourate and thereafter will do the biamping thing for bass only..
I will report back.
In the interim , I was using my trusty Z-sys RDP-1 parametric to take out some big bass nodes etc .. and it sounded pretty good.
AIR is unstable for me , so I use a Squeezebox touch..the DIRAC doing full range will be inserted after the Touch and into a digital input.
When I do biamping , I will use the minidsp on a variable digital output and have bought the board to convert my D to D to D to DA ($75) and will use it as a DAC as well (into a Crown CDI4000 just for the bass)
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirac and room correction software - by Rodney Gold - 08-Dec-2014, 08:40
Dirac and room correction software - by Krisp - 13-Jan-2016, 18:27