Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting an external DAC to my Devialet 200
(05-Apr-2015, 17:34)jccox Wrote:
(05-Apr-2015, 17:00)bentrider Wrote: jccox,

Even if you get the Devialet configured the way you want I do not think you will have a valid comparison.  Maybe I do not understand what you are trying to do.  But if you use an external DAC and then output an analog signal into the Devialet, the Devialet will convert it back to digital for processing and then analog to output. Now you won't just be using the Devialet DAC but the analog to digital conversion function as well.

There are too many variables to draw a valid conclusion. Unless I am totally missing your intention. Huh

bentrider,

You may be right, though I have read posts by other Devialet owners who have tried external DACs and heard a difference. What I am trying to do is compare the sound of the Lampizator DAC (using the Devialet as an amplifier) with the Devialet's internal DAC. Is there some other way I should connect the DAC to the Devialet than using the Line 1 input?

Don't get me wrong. I really do like the Devialet sound and will probably end up selling the Lampizator, but I would like to compare them if possible.

Yes, I did hear some difference when I connected my iFi iTube's RCA out to Line in of D200. But, I eventually take iTube out as the purpose of using Devialet is to have lesser components. And, bentrider was right, Devialet will convert all signals using its ADC and reconvert to digital using its DAC. So, even if sounds may have a difference but I can't say how much "original" sound has been changed after so much conversion processes.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting an external DAC to my Devialet 200 - by hk6230 - 06-Apr-2015, 06:56