Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red protection light on 200! Suggestions?
(18-Apr-2015, 12:16)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(18-Apr-2015, 12:13)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(18-Apr-2015, 11:36)ovo Wrote: In the spirit of being absolutely no real help at all I offer the following - when I had this problem last year I I tried hard reset ( unplug and plug IEC power connector ) : then hard reset without any input cables attached (apparently this is how to jolt the amp out of protection mode), and also with and without the SD card.None of these worked for me.

My dealer had to send it off to France, it returned 5 weeks later but with absolutely no explanation as to why the problem had occurred or how to avoid it happening again.

I'm sure that I saw somewhere that you should remove and insert the IEC power plug and only then switch on from your wall supply, rather than just introduce a live power plug to the back of the Devialet.
Thanks ovo - that was helpful, in that I've just tried this, with no positive result.  A 5 week turnaround time doesn't exactly excite me, I have to say.  But looks like I've no choice,

ATB, Ken

Hi Ken,

I doubt very much whether it would be a 5 week turnaround. Absolute Sounds in London are able to carry out some repairs. 

Have you spoken to Devialet/AS yet?

Guillaume

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red protection light on 200! Suggestions? - by now - 18-Apr-2015, 17:56