Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power cables
Hi Folks, my first post after getting a D200 then realising that I needed a D400. Just prior to my upgrade I trialed several mains cables loaned by Paul at HiFi Lounge. From low price to high, they were - MusicWorks, Isol 8, Chord Signature and Sarum. Lining up just a couple of tracks from my Ripnas Statement feeding Linn Sneaky DS and with a Chord Anthem tuned aray digital cable into the D200 DAC the progression of clarity reflected the price of the cables. From memory from around £90 to £1600 at the lengths I required. A favourite Leonard Cohen track played using the Sarum was as if he was standing in front of me. I can thoroughly recommend this cable, which you may be interested to know was fitted with an IEC that allowed the rear cover to be in place. Cost of this cable is the biggest hurdle as I would need three with the DS and D400. Browsing as you do and partly because I possess an Isotek cable, I came across Mains Cables r Us (http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/6-mains-cables-) and a special offer on two Isotek GII Optimum cables at 2.0m length. Reading this forum had given me a reference to a Furutech IEC, the F15E which is slightly smaller than the F15. So with some kind assistance from David Brook the cables were purchased and the slim IEC's fitted. They are superb and I am now hearing more detail, pace and involvement with the music. An upgrade to Chord Signature Reference speaker cables has undoubtedly helped as well.

I am now turning my thoughts to an upgraded tonearm cable for my Project turntable and have been reading on other forums about Yannis Tome. So will be intriguing to try one of his suggestions. http://www.back-promo.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Power cables - by brighty - 15-Apr-2015, 01:38
RE: Power cables - by trashken - 15-Apr-2015, 04:22
RE: Power cables - by brighty - 15-Apr-2015, 06:38
RE: Power cables - by trashken - 15-Apr-2015, 17:30
RE: Power cables - by iSAMi - 06-Aug-2015, 14:40
RE: Power cables - by Nemal1 - 08-Aug-2015, 08:17
RE: Power cables - by JohnB - 26-Aug-2015, 13:01