Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lot of hot AIR from Devialet - feedback and more
(20-Apr-2015, 13:46)Womaz Wrote: IanG-UK

Ian once again thank you for all the work you did to bring this to their attention.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I got the beta version and the white noise still occurred. I has happened on each of the three times I have used it since.
For me what appears to solve it is having my laptop closer to the Router. So far everytime I have done this I have had no issues. This has nothing to do with the beta version though as I was still running 2.13 then.

Steve

Well, if "For me what appears to solve it is having my laptop closer to the Router. So far everytime I have done this I have had no issues" then, imho, this is a very clear (empirical) indication that it is the bandwidth that your AIR connection is able to establish. The further away, the more narrow the bandwidth and the less reliable the connection.

I notice the occasional problem when using AIR ethernet and a low buffer setting. This can always be resolved by increasing the buffer and/or stopping some errand process on my computer that used too much bandwidth of the FSB.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A lot of hot AIR from Devialet - feedback and more - by Mohmm - 20-Apr-2015, 15:35