Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
Alex, I tried to reply to you PM and for some reason the page crashes when I try to post the response. (happened twice, but I can't blame this one on AIR) Anyway, no offence taken by the confused reference, this was a tag I chose on a whim, something to do with the stupid plastic robot in the car insurance adverts, with whom I share a name.

Anyway, to respond to your specifics, I always do a full shut down of the PC after use. When I listen to music, I will start the PC, turn on the Devialet, select iTunes or Jriver and select / enable AIR. Sometimes I think I select AIR before iTunes, I'm not consistent with this, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have only been using Jriver WASAPI for about 3 weeks, and I have only noticed this issue in this same time period, so it has only occurred abut 4 times I think. The last time it occurred it was after about an hour of listening, and if it matters, I was also using the PC for checking some stuff on the 'net at the same time. The time before this I was running music for about 5 hours before the issue occurred, this time the PC was just running iTunes/ AIR, no web surfing or anything else.

To be clear, I was not suggesting disabling the sound card GUI settings required for WASAPI as a solution, just as something to try, i.e. if this cures the issue, then it delivers an indication as the where the issue lies. I find WASAPI gives an improvement in SQ, plus I have acquired quite a lot of 24bt music recently, hence disabling WASAPI is not an option long term.

I will be watching this issue like a hawk from now on and will report back on any future occurrences and circumstances.

No back to being confused.... I have no Idea what a memory leak is, I think I'll ask mr Google. (this will also confuse those who did dot see your PM!!)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 02-Jul-2014, 23:23
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58