Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Spark/Firmware Bugs (v1.1.1+)
I know that some problems are discussed other threads (especially the pioneer program), but we don't seem to have a concise top-level thread focused on what are probable new bugs (especially since Firmware 1.1.1 was released to the Masses). So here's my Starter For Ten:

Burbling Optical Input on Dialog (BETA)
As soon as I had allowed the 1.1.1 updates through, a 3rd Optical input was available under Sparks' "Edit my Sources". So I took my optical lead out of the back of the Phantom and plugged it into the Dialog. Everything seemed fine... until about 5min later the sound rapidly deteriorated into an awful "purrrrr" or "burble". This happened all night long, requiring me to PAUSE/PLAY that input via Spark (v1.1.0) to clear the problem for another 5min. I'd say its probably a buffering problem, where the sound stream either hits the end-stops or runs out of free memory. Not criticism, just an unofficial bug report, and to alert other members.

(N.B. I am going to download Spark again in case this is an artifact of 1.1.0. This might not be the same as 1.1beta.)

UPDATE: I have now confirmed that this is a problem with 24/96 signal only (native or upsampled). 16/44 plays just fine... which is why people who stream from Internet music services won't experience it!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.

Messages In This Thread
Phantom Spark/Firmware Bugs (v1.1.1+) - by JohnnySix - 24-Apr-2015, 12:48