Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
loud cracking and rumbling
(26-Apr-2015, 03:05)Damon Wrote: Thanks Krass. I appreciate you following up and pointing our friend in the right direction.

Complux. Good to hear that you've sorted the noise source. My own set up is very simple, so my experience with the Dev has been problem-free.  I thought there was some discussion about power conditioners in general not being a good match, or a good idea, with Devialet amps. I don't know what thread that was in, or if it is true at all. Just a thought that occurred to me, reading your set up.

But I will say that I am very interested in the Vivid speakers. I don't think anyone in Canada even imports them, but from the reviews I've read, I would love to hear them. By this I mean that the descriptions of the speakers seem to describe the sonic signature that I like. It will be interesting to hear your impressions about this combination. I would expect it to be very detailed, quick and free of anything like audio fuzz. Of course, if you have a photo or two....

once i complete my set up in the coming weeks i will make a thread in the "my system" section.

i dont want to say anything one way or the other until ive finished.

for example... im running the speakers off of cheap stock standard speaker wire at the moment because i ordered my proper speaker connection wires 5 weeks ago and they still havent arrived!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)

Messages In This Thread
loud cracking and rumbling - by completeluxury - 25-Apr-2015, 00:02
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by Damon - 25-Apr-2015, 02:43
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by krass - 25-Apr-2015, 07:56
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by Damon - 26-Apr-2015, 03:05
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by completeluxury - 26-Apr-2015, 03:28
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by ogs - 26-Apr-2015, 09:13
RE: loud cracking and rumbling - by Confused - 26-Apr-2015, 09:51